Sep 14, 2012
Author: Ilissa Maiatico
Haliburton, Ontario’s Genny Ross has been making a name for herself in the local contest circuit for the past few years. Now living in Vancouver, this is one name you’ll be hearing a lot more of. Don’t be surprised to find Genny (aka Millhouse) sessioning street spots and sweeping podiums on Canada’s west coast this winter. Here's her High 5ives!
Five favourite snowboard spots:
1. North Star, CA.
2. Mammoth, CA.
3. Whistler, B.C.
4. Seymour, B.C.
5. Quebec City - so many rail spots.
Must-have travel items:
1. Iphone: does it all
2. Wool socks/extra snowboard socks
3. Burt's Bees lip chap: chapped lips is the worst
4. Hot sauce: I put it on everything I eat, and some restaurants don't have the good stuff.
5. A good book
Riders to keep an eye on:
1. Alice Gorton
2. Kea Mowat
3. Chloe Woodroffe
4. Jenna Blasman
5. Natalie Allport
Ontario sights to see:
1. Haliburton or any part of the Muskoka in the summer
2. Canada's Wonderland during Fearfest, so fun.
3. Ottawa Canal at night during the winter, bring your skates.
4. Algonquin Park: awesome hikes
5. Kensington Market in Toronto, yummy food and cool shops
Why you first started snowboarding:
1. When I was 8, I went to Snow Valley to go tubing with my family, and saw snowboarding for my first time and thought it was the coolest thing I've ever seen.
2. Snowboard race team in high school meant we got to miss a lot of school
3. Matt Langlis and Jon Martin, the older boarder kids from my home town, who were a major influence
4. It's awesome and fun
5. You get to ride all day with your friends and challenge yourself
Sponsors: Niche Snowboards, Nikita Outerwear, Top of the World
Mike Trudeau photo. Ottawa, ON.
Comment posting has been disabled.