Jun 4, 2012
Author: Ilissa Maiatico
Ottawa's own Natalie Allport just finished one of her best seasons. As a member of slopestyle development team, she traveled to Spain to compete in the Junior World Championships where she came in 9th place. Also, spending her winter in Collingwood training with the Simple Snowboarding crew, she had an impressive showing on the Canadian contest circuit. In her first SBC interview, Natalie reveals her favourite Eastern resorts to ride and who her shred heroes are. Here’s her High 5ives!
Ottawa sights to see:
1. Parliament Hill
2. Byward Market
3. Gatineau Park
4. The canal ... mmm beavertails.
5. Outdoor festivals (Bluesfest, Winterlude, Tulip festival, etc.)
Favourite Eastern resorts:
1. Mont Tremblant, QC: Spring park days at Tremblant always end up being the best days ever. The village has a super cool vibe and après is really fun.
2. Mount St Louis Moonstone, ON: MSLM was my home resort this season and the home base of the Simple Snowboarding team. The Outback park is where it’s at and there’s a lift just for the park, so you can see all your friends stomping new tricks and cheer them on.
3. Blue Mountain, ON: Fun on Ontario pow days. Lot’s of runs and the rail lines are fun for learning new tricks.
4. Mont Avila, QC: Once you’ve been to Avila you’ll ask yourself, who knew you could layer so many tall tees? As long as you avoid the skiers in the landings, the rail lines are pretty fun.
5. Edelweiss, QC: Only 30 minutes from Ottawa, Edelweiss has the best jumps out of the local resorts. My brother and I like to head up on week nights and meet up with friends for some park laps under the lights.
Go To Tricks:
1. Euro grabs and Methods are super fun out of pole jams
2. Front or back 3 out (of rails)
3. Front and back 3’s
4. Back 5
5. Back lip
1. Wakeboarding and wake surfing
4. Hanging out at the cottage
1. Cheryl Maas
2. Anne-Flore Marxer
3. Kimmy Fasani
4. Mads Jonsson
5. Marie-France Roy
Sponsors: Billabong, Ride, Skullcandy, Arnette, Top of the World, Simple Snowboarding
Chilling in Spain for Junior World's.
Spring boarding in Whistler. Nicholas Dubeau photo.
Comment posting has been disabled.