Apr 26, 2012
Author: Ilissa Maiatico
Coming straight out of Calgary, Breanna Stangeland is one rider to keep an eye on. Competing on the contest circuit, Breanna can be found toping podiums and collecting giant novelty cheques across the country. This national slopestyle team member breaks down the perks on being on the team, what her favourite contest are, and who she wishes she could really share a chairlift with. Here’s her High 5ives!
Best Alberta shred shots:
2. Lake Louise
3. Internet Mountain by Bragg Creek
4. Millennium skate park in Calgary when it’s covered in snow
5. All the awesome rails they have around Calgary
National slopestyle team perks:
1. You get to travel around with your friends. I had the best time hanging with the team this year.
2. You get a free cell phone with a free cell plan. Amazing
3. You get a lot of free physio, as well as a trainer to help with recovery
4. I got the AAP funding this year, which helped out so much with traveling
5. They help organize most of your trips and have training camps with awesome coaches
Celebrities you’d like to share a chairlift with:
1. Zac Efron for obvious reasons, mostly his great acting talent
2. Danny McBride because I have a feeling he could make me laugh
3. Taylor Swift so she could sing her country tunes
4. Morgan Freeman so he could narrate what’s going on, in his classic soothing voice
5. Bill Murray simply for the fact he is the greatest celebrity to ever live
Five favourite contests:
1. Billabong Flaunt It’s are always a guaranteed good time. It's jam format so there's no pressure and you get free lunch.
2. The Canadian Burton Open is one of my favorites because it’s back at C.O.P, my old home hill. It's fun to go back to Calgary to ride and my family always comes out to watch as well.
3. I know everyone is against the FIS stuff right now but it’s hard to not like the World Cup contests. The prize money is pretty awesome.
4. Any rail jams. I love doing those. Rail's are my favourite thing so when it's just those, I'm a happy camper.
5. The TTR World Championship's was definitely one of the most challenging courses I've ever ridden. But it made every other course this year after seem small. Also, you get to hang out in Norway.
1. Go on lots of camping trips
2. Ride the Blackcomb glacier
3. Go home to Calgary and go to the stampede
4. Get tanned (haha, yeah right)
5. Go to New Zealand in August
Sponsors: Forum, Special Blend, Smith, The Source
Breanna sending it at the TTR World Championships in Oslo
Another good morning on Blackcomb
Comment posting has been disabled.